VERIANO’s “Professionals’ Real Estate Investment Report 2015” study shows: Low interest rate environment continues to challenge institutional investors / USA as the market with the greatest potential
Every year, VERIANOS conducts a survey on assessments of macro and real estate developments among international real estate experts and executives. The results of the survey are summarized by the independent consulting and investment boutique in the Professionals’ Real Estate Investment Report study – a comprehensive overview of real estate and macroeconomic trends.
The study identifies the following trends:
- The US continues to position itself as a global engine of growth, the outlook for Germany is seen as stable and a positive development is expected for Great Britain as well
- Germany, the USA and Great Britain are the preferred locations of German institutional investors for real estate investments. In addition to the economic outlook, the high degree of transparency and professionalism of these markets also contribute to this
- For foreign investments, German institutional investors prefer indirect forms of investment, whereby depending on the size of the investor, theme- or sector-specific funds but also broader diversified products are preferred
- The low interest rate environment is seen as a sustainable phenomenon and leads to a general increase in the value of all asset classes – a complete decoupling of the real economy and capital markets is a risk of this development
- Against the background of the price development of core real estate, there is a great interest in value added / opportunistic investments – as evidenced by the increased transaction volume
The study will be collaborative with M&G Real Estate, London, performed and evaluated. M&G Real Estate is the real estate investment arm of the asset manager of M&G, which belongs to Prudential plc, one of the UK’s leading insurance groups. With approximately. EUR 29,5 Billion assets under management, 235 employees and a 150-year history M&G Real Estate among the top 10 real estate investors in Europe and the top 25 worldwide. VERIANOSwas from M&G Real Estate As a partner for addressing institutional investors, it also mandates, supports and coordinates the market entry of the British real estate manager in Germany.
VERIANOS is a group-independent real estate partnership focusing on the most important European markets. It offers investment and advisory solutions to institutional investors, financial institutions, fund managers and semi-professional investors. From Germany, teams of experienced specialists support customers throughout Europe. Additional local presence exists in Luxembourg, Madrid and Milan.
Director Corporate Office
Bethmannstraße 56, 60311 Frankfurt am Main
T +49 69 697 68 88 234